» Tune in to how Your Shoppers Shop and discover the decision process that occurs at the specific moment of purchase «
In-store ethnographic interviews, also referred to as Shop alongs are interviews conducted in the context of a retail environment with the goal of uncovering greater insight into a shopper’s needs and attitudes in the context where behavior takes place.
Shop Alongs are used In-Store to:
• Examine actual shopping behavior rather than claimed behavior.
• The triggers of the need or desire for the product
• The behaviors that take place in the store and in the aisle.
• The role of in-store sampling, displays, signage, multi-media promotional efforts, customer service, etc.
• Allows for interaction with consumers and deeper probing during the shopping process
Experience differs by Shopper Personality:
STEP 1: Look for preferred Brand (Hypermarket & Supermarket, Product Category.
STEP 2: Scan horizontally shelves to locate preferred product.
STEP 3: Recall NEED and go back to the plan.
• Loyalist will spot their brand and look for their preferred product.
• They look for their product by SKIN TYPE or by BENEFIT depending on the shelf orientation.
“BUY 1+1” “% Discount”, “Super saver”
• First preference to the promotion and then to the product /brand.
• May purchase product even if available at home for the next month, making use of the promotion.
• Will explore new products & brands based on skin type, benefit, innovation & new product launch
• Tend to IGNORE beauty advisors.
• Prefer reading about the product on the package and evaluate product.